Friday, January 6, 2012

Review: Pumpkin Beer

Pumpkin Beer

Appearance: 
Clear brown body with visible light carbonation, the head is whispy, not enough head retention to make the beer beautiful.

Aroma:
Strong pie spices and sweetness. The malt is layered in with the spices. No one spice dominates the others.

Flavor:
The flavor was in the nose, the beer was sweet with spices.

Mouth:
The beer fell flat for me here, it needed more body to carry the flavors. It was too dry and didn't stand up to the great and substantial flavors.

Overall:
It was a good first attempt at a pumpkin beer.  I was happy with the flavor but I wanted more body. I would have added flaked wheat, oats, or Cara-pils. In the spirit of the old college try I am going to give this be a C, a good try but fatally flawed by a lack of substance.

No comments:

Post a Comment