Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Review: Galactic Centennial Citra Imperial Red Ale

Galactic Centennial Citra Imperial Red Ale

Appearance:
Nice deep amber to red. Head was giant with the caramelly malts, and carried a slight reddish tint to it. The lacing is fantastic and as I drink the beer it looks wonderful in the glass.

Aroma:

Hop forward as intended. It really smelled of straight forward hops. Could have used the dry hopping I put in the wrong beer though.

Flavor:
Bitter, sweet, hoppy. The hops were really really stronger than intended I think because of the lower boil volume. It was quite bitter throughout. The sweetness from the beer was there but was just assaulted by the bitterness of the hops.

Mouth:

Silky and imperial. The bitterness is coating and the beer is sticky it hangs around on the tongue.

Overall:
Not Bad for a comedy of errors as far as brewing goes. On the college grading scale I'd label this as incomplete, I don't know what my red will taste like so I have to reserve judgement until I can compare. I like this beer as an imperial though, it packs a punch.

No comments:

Post a Comment