Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Review: Belgian Triple

Belgian Triple

Appearance:
Pale yellow with a rising head. The lacing on this beer was superb.

Aroma:
Ardennes yeast, plain and simple. If you had a favorite belgian yeast this style will showcase it. Spices like cloves and pepper dominated my nose; the fruity esters were more subtle and came through as white fleshy fruits(apples, pears).

Flavor:
Belgian Yeast, spicy phenols rush forward. An interesting triple in my opinion. A tripel like La Fin Du Monde is balanced better between spice and fruit, my interpretation was more spice forward fermented at ambient 73-5ish degrees.

Mouth:
The residual sugar and mouth feel were just right. The carbonation was prickly but could have been a touch higher to lift the flavor even more. the beer was appropriately dry.

Overall:
I like this but I don't love it. I am going to rate this a B+.

I think it's to style but I am not familiar enough with the style in my own opinion to accurately judge that. I can't help but think that I would have enjoyed this as a maple triple.

No comments:

Post a Comment