Sunday, April 7, 2013

Guest Blogger: Rock Bottom Brewery Indianapolis IN

Kyle again, I am in Indianapolis Indiana for a few days this week for the annual Printing Industries of America Continuous Improvement Conference.  I got into town early Sunday night and had some time to burn, sooooooo I decided to samples the local beer flavor Downtown Indianapolis has too offer.

(Continued After Break)

On tap tonight was Rock Bottom Brewery in Downtown Indianapolis.  A medium sized brew pub and restaurant across from Lucas Oil Stadium,the atmosphere was very casual, the bar looked great.  They had 8 beers on tap, I ordered a 6-barrel sampler, when the server noticed I was writing about the beers I was drinking she was kind enough to give me a sample of their Rye IPA (only released once per year so I am told).  Great customer service and sales awareness, bravo young lady.

Rock Bottom Kolsch
Appearance: A clean medium yellow, thin aerated head.
Aroma: Heavy floral with notes of orange peel and lemon
Flavor: vague hint of chocolate, mild bitterness, floral finish
Overall: A drinkable Kolsch beer, very active on the tongue and smooth

Rock Bottom White Ale
Appearance: A cloudy dirty yellow, what I like to call Belgian Dirty
Aroma: Bananas, Fruity
Flavor: I got hints of Apple, Lemon, a slight sour note, and coriander
Overall: Very carbonated, with a bitter finish.  A very enjoyable Belgian style white ale.

Rock Bottom IPA
Appearance: Light clear Amber, medium head, active
Aroma: Hoppy, Floral, and citrus
Flavor: Very citrus-y but not very bitter
Overall:

Rock Bottom Bitter Blonde
Appearance: Medium Golden Clean color, medium head
Aroma: Honestly got very little aroma from this beer
Flavor: Mild bit of toffee, slight bitterness, mild hop
Overall: Ehhh, not what I was expecting

Rock Bottom Rye IPA
Appearance: Dirty Golden with a minimum head
Aroma:Very hoppy aroma
Flavor: Some grain, Hops, citrus, fairly bitter, a slight toffee flavor
Overall: Not bad at all, had a light mouth, was dry and bitter at the finish

Rock Bottom Porter
Appearance: Dark Brown, creamy brown head
Aroma: Coffee, Chocolate, roasted malts
Flavor: Very sweet, chocolate, taste the coffee in the finish
Overall: Very smooth, light mouthfeel, probably my favorite beer of the bunch

Rock Bottom Hoosier Stout
Appearance: Very Dark Brown, almost black, very creamy dark head
Aroma: Overwhelming chocolate and coffee
Flavor: Sweet and roasty
Overall:Very boozy and heavy in the mouth.

Overall I recommend Rock Bottom, good beers, good atmosphere.






No comments:

Post a Comment