(read more after the break.)
I copied his recipe as exactly as I could:
9 lbs 9.0 oz Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM)
9.0 oz Acid Malt (3.0 SRM)
9.0 oz Wheat, Flaked (1.6 SRM)
9.0 oz Vienna Malt (3.5 SRM)
0.75 oz Styrian Goldings [5.40 %] - Boil 90.0 mi
0.75 oz Sterling [7.50 %] - Boil 15.0 min
For my yeast instead of trying to replicate the exact blend I decided to go with ECY Brett Blend #9. A blend of Brettanomyces that produces a dry, leathery, horsey and/or goaty profile. Can have a pronounced barnyard character and be added at any stage of fermentation. Funk is in the house, so let it out. This looks like the description of a brett blend with a high portion of Brettanomyces Brux, we'll see when I side by side the beers later. I'll be culturing some beatification dregs next weekend and I will add it to my sanctification beer and ignore it for a few months.
The wort turned out nice and a little bit cloudy; I didn't add a whirlfloc tablet to this brew. I over boiled the wort because I was distracted all brew day. My final volume wasn't what it should have been. The pacers were on, my sister stopped by, I had chores, and Derek came by. Everything else went smoothly and this beer is fermenting away in my mother's basement.