Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Review: Maple Triple

Maple Triple

Appearance: brown with a tall white head. The head disappears into the beer rather quickly. The body is brown, and thin. It gets dark in the middle and light golden at the edges.

Aroma: Belgian! The aroma is of bubblegum and bananas. Sadly the maple syrup is missing. I knew this could happen when I added it to the boil, secondary or bottling are the times to add maple flavor.

Flavor: Rich yeast and cloves. The spiciness beer is all in the flavor. The alcohol is a bit too prevalent. This should improve over time.

Mouthfeel: Properly Carbonated. Absolutly glad I went with high carbonation for this beer. It's great.

Overall: It's a great beer, however the maple adds little. I would have used Belgian candi sugar if I had this beer to do over. I may make it again and add the sugary maple to secondary. Everyone agreed this was my best beer ever at our tasting so I have no choice but to give it an A. Go Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment